Issued by Argyll and Bute Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP)
The Scottish Government are strongly encouraging Health and Social Care staff to take a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test each day before working in Health and Social Care settings over the festive period. Staff who are working from home should consider testing twice weekly and before meeting with others outside their household.
Front facing staff providing direct care and support are now strongly encouraged to take an LFD test daily before going to the workplace.
Health and Social Care staff who are household or passing contacts of someone with confirmed COVID-19 can follow existing guidance on exemption from self-isolation for 10 days. Staff can return to the workplace if the following conditions are met:
- They are double-vaccinated and received their booster over 14 days prior
- Are asymptomatic and remain asymptomatic
- Undertake a PCR test – a negative result must be obtained prior to returning to work
- They must undertake daily LFD testing for the remainder of the 10 day period
Social Care staff access tests via several pathways including direct supply and PPE hubs. Staff should approach their manager to access tests.
There is no national shortage of LFD tests. Please follow these instructions to ensure adequate stock remains in all localities:
- Only ask for the amount of tests you require for work over the festive period
- Do not stockpile tests
- Tests are for staff only and should not be shared with family or friends
- Other members of your household can order LFDs as below
Where necessary, LFD tests can be accessed from the universal offer by ordering from: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or by calling 119. In addition, LFD tests are available from participating pharmacies and LFD Collect Sites. Details of LFD collect sites can be found at:
Finally, thank you to all staff who have participated in the LFD testing programme this year. Please continue to test to protect your patients, colleagues and communities.