Growing Our Own is an initiative that was established by the council a number of years ago to ensure that it had a skilled workforce for the future. The Growing Our Own initiative showcases the council as an employer, provides opportunities for the workforce to develop and aims to attract and provide opportunities for young people within the area.
Growing Our Own Toolkit
The growing our own toolkit pulls together tools and approaches we have to support our approach to attracting and retaining talent to our organisation. It also includes offering opportunities to develop our current workforce.
- The toolkit aims to support the following objectives:
- To provide opportunities for young people to achieve further qualifications once they have left school whilst gaining invaluable work experience without the need to leave the area
- To showcase Argyll and Bute Council as an employer which hosts a variety of career options and provides a number of developmental opportunities to achieve them
- To provide a number of options for managers to consider when recruiting, from Modern Apprenticeships to Graduate/ Trainee opportunities
- To provide opportunities for all employees to access further development and training to support with their career at Argyll and Bute Council
- To ensure that despite ongoing budget restraints that we are able to continue to develop our workforce so that we have a skilled workforce for the future and prevent skills gaps
For further information about Growing Our Own, please contact the Training Centre